Though the hubs and I have had a rather, uhm, “challenging” year, (*understatement*), things are finally starting to look up, and we’ve been in a festive mood for the first time in a very long time. So I’ve been thrilled to have been invited to create some holiday recipes this season for a couple of stellar companies! And this one is for the First Annual “Stir It Up Holiday Blogger Mixology Challenge.” This challenge and contest is sponsored by Stirrings Cocktail Mixers and Rimmers! How fun is this, right? I couldn’t resist!!
~ About the Sponsor ~
The world-class Stirrings company was founded in Nantucket, Massachusetts, in 1997, and have all-natural, non-alcoholic mixers that are made from real fruit juices and no corn syrup! They have 12 different flavors of Mixers and a selection of 5 different fun Rimmers to garnish the rims of your glasses for that extra special, and professional-looking touch! They also have essential Bar Ingredients for making that perfect cocktail with ease, as well as Gift sets, too!
Stirrings uses reach far beyond just cocktails! You can certainly use these products in your holiday baking, as well as in cooking, and the Rimmers would be a fantastic touch sprinkled on top of baked goods! I chose their Pomegranate (mixer) and Cosmopolitan (rimmer), to use in my recipe (pictured below), and was also sent their Blood Orange (mixer) and Lemon Drop (rimmer), and all are outstanding! So much fun to use!
Before I go any further, a quick little, (required), FYI disclaimer. Just so you know, I have been sent products by this company to use, obviously, but any and all opinions I have, of course as always, are solely my own. And I can tell you this…they are delicious!! I couldn’t be more pleased with them, and happy to be participating in this challenge! I hope that I have created a creamy, decadent, easy and fun cocktail for you to enjoy, not only during holiday seasons, but year round!
So, let’s make this! It’s extremely simple and comes together easily in just minutes! The first thing that you need to know, is that mixing fruit juice with anything creamy can curdle a little. But don’t worry, you simply whisk it with a small or mini whisk until it’s creamy, and the first two ingredients come together beautifully. After that, just add and whisk in the rest! And the cocktail is done!
I first tried dipping my chocolate liqueur/dessert cups into water, but the Rimmer sugar just wouldn’t stick. I found that plain white corn syrup worked perfectly! You can find these cute little cups just about everywhere now! Even “Wally World” carries them. And you of course can simply serve this dreamy cocktail in a glass, too. But hey, it’s the holidays! Why not make something super fun for you and your guests to enjoy in a unique and festive way! I think we all need a little extra scoop of happiness about now.
Place all the the little rimmed chocolate cups onto a serving plate, then carefully pour in the cocktail mixture! The color is so very pretty, and the sugared rim makes them sparkle like freshly fallen snow in the evening, shimmering like tiny diamonds under the quiet street light! All of the flavors go together beautifully, and the wow factor on the plate is perfect for festive holiday entertaining!
I know you’re going to love this creamy, slightly boozy cocktail “shooter”, and the second half of the fun is eating the chocolate afterwards! Two treats in one! It’s delicately creamy with flavors of pomegranate, white chocolate, and almond, smooth and delicious but with just enough kick from the vodka to cut the sweetness! This will be one that I’m going to make over and over! So keep this in mind for those holiday, Christmas and New Year’s Eve parties coming up! Thank you so much, Stirrings, for having me! I really had a lot of fun creating this, and everyone loved it!
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all!
(*Note: I don’t know why the cocktail mixture looks a bit thick in my photos, resembling a mousse or pudding-like consistency. It’s creamy, but not in the least “thick”. Just so you know what to expect. It’s definitely a drinkable, liquid cocktail and absolutely delicious!!)
Be sure to follow Stirrings via Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook to keep in touch! Need help finding them? Click here to find a store in your area that carries them. (*If not available in you area, you can also find a lot of their products on Amazon as well, 3 pages of products, I hope that helps!)
- 2 oz. Stirrings Simple Pomegranate Martini Cocktail Mix
- 2 oz. white chocolate liqueur
- 1 oz. creme de noyaux, amaretto, or any almond-flavored liqueur
- 1 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. heavy cream, (can sub half and half or milk)
- approx. 12 small milk, dark, or white chocolate liqueur/mini dessert cups (*mine held about a half an ounce or so each)
- white corn syrup in a finger bowl, 1 - 2 Tbl. as needed
- Stirrings Cosmopolitan Rimmer Cocktail Garnish
- In a small spouted glass measuring cup, add Stirrings Pomegranate Martini Mix then white chocolate liqueur. Whisk until mixture is completely blended, creamy, and no tiny lumps remain.
- Add creme de noyaux, vodka, and heavy cream, and whisk again until well mixed and creamy.
- In tiny bowl or finger bowl, add corn syrup. (Deep enough to dip rims of chocolate cups).
- Dip chocolate liqueur cup rims into corn syrup, then dip into Stirrings Cosmopolitan Rimmer to coat well. Set on a small serving plate, fill each chocolate cup with cocktail shooter mixture.
- Toast to the holidays and ring in the New Year with friends and family, and enjoy the mini cocktails and the chocolate cups after! Two treats in one!