Need a little pampering? I know I sure did!!! I was having serious hubby withdrawals while he’s been away on a long business trip! Being alone sure isn’t very fun! And something that I’m not used to at all.
So I decided to treat myself, and come up with another girlie-girl cocktail to cheer myself up! 😉 Nothing like a dreamy, creamy, pretty pink cocktail in the afternoon to chase the blues away! 😀
Don’t judge! I’ve had a LONG week by myself, and though most days went fairly well, I’ve had a couple of really rotten ones, too. Today was one of “those” days. Not even worth going into. 😉
And after sipping on this luscious, strawberry-almond-white chocolate drink, I forgot all about it. 😉
This cocktail turned out fabulous. Absolutely fabulous! I could easily see it being made into a large quantity and served in a punch bowl at a spring wedding shower, or even a wedding for that matter.
You can even make it “fizzy” by adding some 7up or Sprite, and maybe add scoops of strawberry ice cream into the bowl as well. I would even have small glasses already ready with a big red strawberry placed on the rims surrounding the bowl! How pretty would that be? 😀
And of course you can just have one all to yourself, too. Nothing wrong with spoiling yourself now and then. 😉 If you want to stretch this out, I’m imagining that it would make for a fantastic frappe in the blender with some ice and a little ice cream. 😉
So, what does it actually taste like? Kind of like a white chocolate-dipped strawberry with a little almond flavor in the back! 😀 If you’d like a stronger strawberry flavor, you could always place it in the blender with a few fresh or frozen strawberries.
It is far from strawberry season here, so I couldn’t fancy it up, or add more berry flavor, but I’ll tell you what, it was delicious just as is. 😉
I and loved the little taste of spring to remind me, that winter doesn’t last forever, and spring will surely come. 😉
So hang in there! I know we’re all getting very weary of this cold, ice, snow and winter that just doesn’t know when to start packing. But signs of spring are already appearing across the country. Daffodils are popping up, the days are getting much longer, we’re close to resetting our clocks, and spring will be here before we know it.
In the meantime, I hope you take the time to relax, enjoy what’s here now, be thankful for what you have, don’t sweat the small stuff, and give yourself a break. 😉 You deserve it!
Until next time, ~Kelly
- 1 ounce Creme de Noyaux
- 1 ounce amaretto liqueur, such as Disaronno
- 2 ounce strawberry cream liqueur, such as Tequila Rose
- 2 ounce white chocolate liqueur, such as Godiva
- 4 ounces milk
- ice to fill
- 1 - 2 large strawberries to garnish if desired
- Fill glass(es) with ice.
- Stir together the Creme de Noyaux, Disaronno Amaretto, Tequila Rose, Godiva White Chocolate and milk. (Or shake in bar mixer with ice.)
- Pour over ice-filled glass.
- Slice bases of strawberries making a small slit towards the top stem end halfway up to insert on rim of glass if desired for garnish.
- *You can also make this fizzy by adding a little 7up or Sprite!
- (*This can also be mixed and shaken with ice, then strained into a glass. Either way is wonderful!)