The perfect dish to make when you’re having a busy night or weekend! This is the bomb, that’s loaded with goodies, easy to prepare, and so incredibly delicious that it will become your regular go-to anytime supper!
This is not a sponsored post, (but should be!), just sharing a few of my favorite, reliable things to help you out. Enjoy!
Well, hello there! Glad you stopped by! If you came for some incredibly delicious recipes, you just stumbled upon the perfect place!
So let’s get started right away! Time’s a-wastin’!
Below are a few of the goodies that I use often. You, of course, can use your own favorite products. These are just the ones that I enjoy using that always produce perfect results every time. A much appreciated, reliable, helping hand. Who doesn’t need that when you’re dog tired, right?
Next is more of the goodies that really define what this dish is all about. You can add and omit whatever items you don’t care for, and replace some with things that make YOU happy. After all, you’re the one that’s going to be eating it!
Other things that would go well in this mess are artichoke hearts, salami, pepperoni, chicken, asparagus tips, and even anchovies if that’s your thing!
For this batch, I used a very popular brand of sausage that just about every store in the midwest carries. You can use italian-style, mild or hot, or even sub breakfast sausage if you like that better.
Just make sure that when you cook it, you keep it in small bite-sized pieces rather than completely breaking it up. It’s more pleasurable to bite into a chunk rather than tiny, grainy pieces.
You could even add beef or sausage meatballs if you want to doll it up even more!
This only takes two pans. One deep-sided frying pan, and one small pot to cook the tortellini in. So, cleanup really is a breeze!
You simply start by sautéing the sausage until mostly done. (Drain excess grease if needed, but a little is perfectly fine. That’s flavor!) Then add a little butter along with the mushrooms and onions. When that’s done, add the baby spinach leaves and cook just until they are done to your own personal liking. (Add more butter as you go if needed.)
Then add the rest of the goodies that just need warming. The sauces, roasted red peppers, and olives.
Lastly, boil the tortellini until al dente and add that to the pan as well. Add a hand full of shredded mozzarella and provolone cheese, and grate some fresh parmesan over the pan and stir in.
And, hello!, you’re done!
Plate the whole mess up, and grate more parmesan cheese over each serving! Sooooo GOOD!!
And it just doesn’t get any more simple and easy to prepare!
Perfect dish for the family, and definitely nice enough to serve to your most loved guests, this “Easy Loaded Skillet Cheese Tortellini” will fast become everyone’s favorite!
And the cook will be happy that the kitchen wasn’t destroyed and didn’t need crime scene tape.
Take care all, and ENJOY!!
Easy Loaded Skillet Cheese Tortellini
An incdredibly tasty and easy 2-pan weeknight or company dish that will fast become your main go-to!
- 1/2 - 1 lb. ground italian sausage
- 2 - 4 Tbl. butter, as needed and desired
- 1 medium onion, sliced into wedges
- 8 oz. cont. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 - 3 large handfuls fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 - 2 (15 oz. each) jars alfredo sauce, I used 1 1/2 jars
- 3 Tbl. prepared basil pesto, or as desired
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup cut up roasted red pepper strips
- 1 (20 oz.) bag fresh or fresh-frozen cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella and provolone blend cheese
- 1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnishing each serving
- In large 3" deep skillet, add sausage, breaking up into bite-sized pieces, and sauté until almost done. Only drain grease if there's a lot.
- Add butter, onions and mushrooms, and sauté until veggies are tender. Add baby spinach leaves and sauté a few minutes longer until leaves begin to wilt.
- Add rest of ingredients, except pasta, and fold well to mix. Keep warm over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- In small pot, bring water and a little salt to a boil, add pasta, and cook according to directions. Drain, add to skillet.
- Plate and serve, garnishing each serving with more grated parmesan cheese to taste. Enjoy!
Sunday 2nd of April 2023
This dish looks and sounds awesome. Can't wait to try it.