I LOVE to play with my food! And lately, I’ve been having a blast playing with all kinds of flavors of instant pudding mixes of all things! 😀
This crazy adventure all started back when my hubby accidentally purchased 2 large boxes of INSTANT (ugh!) chocolate pudding mix. Neither one of us like that stuff, and the only time I ever use it, is in cakes.
Well, those boxes sat there and sat there until I was tired of looking at them. Finally, one afternoon, I thought to just use it in a nice chocolate cake as I usually do, then I thought….well, if it can be added to cake batter – – why not to cookie dough?? Right?!
They turned out SO GOOD, that, now we don’t want “ordinary” chocolate chip cookies any other way!
The only problem?
…… I have now turned my hubby into a cookie MONSTER!!
I’m not going to embarrass him and tell you how many he ate in less than 24 hours.
(But – – psssst! It was 17. 😉 )
A few cookies in a stack at a time….and BAM! They were gone!!!!
You can clearly see how easily that can happen!! 😉
Depending on what size you make them, you can get 24-30 cookies, and the size doesn’t seem to matter. Just make sure that you kind of roll them into a large walnut-sized ball (or a bit smaller for more), then flatten them a little with the palm of your hand. They don’t spread all that much, so this is a good thing to do and helps to form the perfect-sized cookie after baking! 😀
(And I’m glad to be getting 30 cookies making them just a tad smaller as above! As I have also turned the neighbors into fans, too!) But now, thankfully, no cookies ever end up getting pitched, and they all get eaten and enjoyed while they’re still nice and fresh!
And in some cases….still WARM! LOL!!! 😉
I promise you, that you also won’t have any trouble seeing these disappear right before your eyes, too! 😉 Though my hubby still prefers my Chocolate Chocolate Chip ones, the neighbors and I agree that THESE are our favorite! 😉
Although…..I really loved my White Chocolate Pistachio with Baileys version, too…..
(And I have two more coming soon! So stay subscribed so that you don’t miss them!)
But, no matter which ones you choose to make, they’ll be greatly appreciated and DEVOURED almost instantly!
And don’t forget the glass of milk! 😉
~ * ~
~ * ~
I do hope that you give these amazingly delicious, moist, soft and chewy
“magic cookies” a try soon!
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz.) box instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. butter rum extract
- 1 cup quality white chocolate chips such as Ghirardelli
- 1 cup quality butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- sea salt, to sprinkle lightly
- Preheat oven to 350º F (175º C).
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, dark brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in instant pudding mix until blended. Mix in the eggs, vanilla and butter rum extract. Blend in the flour mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate and butterscotch chips and the pecans.
- Drop cookies by large rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. (*The size of a large walnut.) Lightly press cookies flatter with palm of hand.
- Lightly sprinkle tops with sea salt.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven. Edges should be lightly browned. Don't over bake.
- Remove from baking sheet carefully to a rack to cool.
- *They will look like they aren't done, but they will set up as they cool.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter.
Be careful NOT to over bake these, either. 10-12 minutes until the edges are lightly browned is all it takes.