Tired of the same old burgers and sliders? Then these Spicy Rubbed Sliders with Chocolate-Covered Bacon, Brie, and Dark Chocolate Blueberry BBQ Sauce are right up your alley, and are about to blow your mind! Made for this year’s #Choctoberfest, these devilishly delicious burgers are the perfect slider for your upcoming Halloween Party!
*Though this is a sponsored post, any and all opinions of products mentioned are solely my own.
Well hello there, ghouls and goblins! So happy you decided to join the party! We’re into day two of #Choctoberfest 2019, and what a party it’s been so far!!
Approximately 75 bloggers have again gotten together to provide you with over 200 delicious chocolate recipes! This event, put on by Allison and the Triple Chocolate Kitchen team, runs from Oct. 14th through Oct. 19th, and there’s a fantastic Prize Package Giveaway to enter to win to boot!! (*Enter at bottom of original post here!)
Here’s what you can enter to WIN!
- Candy Gift Pack from blog host Triple Chocolate Kitchen, which includes 180-pack of Lindt LINDOR Chocolate Truffles (dark, milk, and white). Triple Chocolate Kitchen organizes #Choctoberfest, as well as posting chocolate recipes throughout the year.
- Chocolate and Cocoa Gift Pack from Divine Chocolate, which includes a variety of high-quality fair trade chocolate bars, cocoa powder, and Divine Chocolate swag. Divine Chocolate’s baking line consists of three premium quality flavors ranging from 55% to 100% cocoa for a wide variety of delicious desserts. Their chocolate products are made with 100% cocoa butter and are non-GMO and Vegan Society Certified.
- $100 Nordic Ware Gift Card and 40 Pounds of Granulated Sugar from Imperial Sugar. They are currently hosting their annual Scary Scramble, featuring delicious fall-inspired recipes using Imperial Sugar’s high-quality sweeteners. Imperial Sugar has been a kitchen staple for over 175 years!
- Collagen Fuel™ Drink Mix Gift Pack from Primal Kitchen. The ingredients in these drink mixes help support hair, skin, and nails. Their chocolate version has organic, fair-trade cocoa and coconut milk powders, with no wheat, soy, or dairy ingredients.
- Cracker Gift Pack from Mary’s Gone Crackers. The lucky winner will get to try a variety of crackers, many of which pair well with chocolate (check their recipe page for ideas!). Mary’s products are vegan, cruelty-free, and organic.
- Fig Spread Gift Pack from Dalmatia Spreads. With flavors like sour cherry, plum, blackberry, and orange, you’ll find that several of Dalmatia’s fig-based spreads work well in chocolate recipes. Use as a filling for crépes, serve warm over ice cream, or spread onto toast. They even have a fig cocoa spread that uses fair trade cocoa.
- Alkaline Water Pack from Perfect Hydration. Wash down all those delicious chocolate desserts with Perfect Hydration water. This 9.5+ pH alkaline water helps to effectively restore and rebalance the body to optimum pH levels. This water goes through a 9-stage filtration process, has no added sodium, chlorine, or fluoride, and is packaged in recyclable BPA-free bottles.
- Kitchen Conversions Chart and Etsy Gift Card from Moonflower Mountain. Winner chooses the colors for this flower-adorned conversion chart, which makes it easy to double any recipe or convert from cups to tablespoons.
This is a prize pack worth over $400! Open worldwide, except where prohibited. Must be 18+ to enter (21+ in some locations). One lucky winner will be drawn randomly on October 20, 2019 and contacted via email. See terms and conditions for more details.
So, for my second recipe contribution, (you can see my first one here), I created spooky-delicious sliders for Imperial® Sugar, using their light brown sugar! And BOY were they ever GOOD!! Wickedly awesome, and the PERFECT munchie for a Halloween party!
Get to Know Imperial Sugar!
“In 1843, along the banks of Oyster Creek in what would later become the company town of Sugar Land, the Williams brothers built a mule-powered sugar mill, began grinding sugar cane, and a Texas legacy was born. For over 175 years, Imperial Sugar has been a trusted name in family kitchens all across the south. Sweet things happen when people come together in the kitchen, and that’s why Imperial Sugar has been at the heart of family traditions and celebrations for generations. We’re the secret ingredient in family-favorite recipes handed down from one generation to another. Home cooks know that when you bake with love and Imperial Sugar, that’s when memories are made. Imperial Sugar provides high-quality sugar and sweetener products and over 100 years of time-tested recipes. Our family of products includes granulated sugar, light and dark brown sugar, free-flowing sugar, powdered sugar, sugar shakers and Steviacane® (Stevia + sugar blend). Imperial Sugar products are 100% pure cane sugar, non-GMO and provide consistently delicious results.”
Okay, I know you all are getting pretty hangry about now, so let’s make these!
We start off with an easy, semi-homemade blueberry barbecue sauce that comes together quickly and easily, and is so good, you’re going to have to put a lid on it, or you’ll be tempted to eat it by the spoonful!!
Next, we make a sweet and spicy rub, and form 9 patties out of the hamburger.
Then, generously coat each side of every patty with lots of the rub! As you can see, I used almost all of it! And if you use a whole 2 pounds of meat, and make about 12 sliders instead of 9, you’ll probably use every last grain. Just don’t be shy with it!
Because, this rub really makes these burgers!!
Then just grill them (or fry them on the stovetop), top them with slices of rich and creamy brie cheese, and melt!
Doesn’t that cheese look DIVINE??!!! I know!!
And now it’s time to assemble! Just place the patty on the bottom bun…
….then top it with a half of a slice of cooked bacon spread with melted chocolate….
….several spoonfuls of that incredibly bootiful blueberry bbq sauce…..
…and a nice pile of cole slaw!
Though you can cheat and take a shortcut by purchasing cole slaw for this, I do highly recommend making my Sweet Creamy Southern Cole Slaw! It has just the right amount of sweet and goes perfectly with these! Plus, you’ll have a built-in side dish already made!
Looking pretty amazing already, eh?!!
Now just place on the top bun lid….
….and get ready to DIG. IN.
Find that perfect first spot, and get in there!!
That sweet ‘n spicy burger…..that gooey melted brie…..that blueberry bbq sauce….that chocolate covered bacon….and that sweet southern cole slaw….I mean…..omg…..
Yeah. It was THAT good!!!!
I’m tellin’ ya what. These little buggers were so good, that your guests at your party may want TWO! All of the flavors played so well with each other that it was freakishly fantastic!
So, definitely save this to your Pinterest Boards for safe-keeping, because you’re going to want to make these Spicy Rubbed Sliders with Chocolate Covered Bacon, Brie, and Dark Chocolate Blueberry BBQ Sauce for your next Halloween party!
Many thanks to Allison and all of the elves that work so hard every year to put on this incredible event! And many thanks to the wonderful sponsors that donate such fantastic prizes, and to those who provide us bloggers with product to work with! So much appreciated, everyone!
*Be sure to follow Imperial® Sugar on all of their social medias to enjoy their latest recipes, specials, *Halloween holiday fun* , their daily “Scary Scramble Contest“ (*going on now through October 20th!), and helpful tips –> Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
*And don’t forget to enter the huge
Prize Package Giveaway!
Here are today’s recipes from bloggers around the world!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
*This recipe uses my Sweet Creamy Southern Cole Slaw.
Spicy Rubbed Sliders with Chocolate-Covered Bacon, Brie, and Dark Chocolate Blueberry BBQ Sauce / Choctoberfest 2019
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef, formed into 9 small patties
- 1/4 cup (packed) Imperial® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. hickory smoked salt, can sub regular salt
- 1/2 tsp. quality dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1/4 tsp. instant espresso powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. regular black pepper
For BBQ Sauce:
- 1 Tbl. real butter, I only use Minerva Dairy Butter
- 1/2 cup small wild blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 Tbl. packed Imperial® Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup thick and sweet barbecue sauce such as Sweet Baby Ray's Original
- 1 square (.375 oz.) Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate
- 1/16 tsp. chipotle power
- tiny bit of salt to taste, just a half crank or so is all
Rest of Ingredients:
- 9 strips bacon, peppered and crisp-cooked, broken in half
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate chips, dark, milk or semi-sweet to your preference
- 9 small slices of brie cheese, or as much as you like
- my Sweet Southern Cole Slaw, or purchased (*be sure to use Imperial® White Sugar for this)
- 9 slider rolls
In small bowl, stir together Rub mixture until thoroughly mixed. Cover, set aside.
In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add blueberries (I used frozen), and sprinkle brown sugar over top. Cook, stirring, until you have a thin, juicy sauce with most of blueberries still intact. (*You can use the back of your spoon to mash some.) Add the rest of BBQ sauce ingredients, and cook over low heat for 3 - 5 minutes, stirring. Remove from heat and set aside, cover once sauce is at room temperature.
Make approximately 9 small patties out of hamburger, or make as many as you need that are slightly larger than whatever rolls you are using. Sprinkle both sides liberally with as much rub as you like. I used most of it. (Just 3 more patties would've used all of it.) Cover and chill.
Pre-slice cheese while grill is heating up. When grill is hot, place patties onto grill, and cook until desired doneness. Top with slices of brie, close lid, and melt. Remove to a plate or baking sheet, cover, let rest.
While burgers are resting, rewarm cooked bacon in microwave, melt chocolate in microwave according to directions on package, and spread melted chocolate onto tops of bacon pieces. Rewarm bbq sauce.
Place cheesy slider burgers onto bottom buns. Top with chocolate bacon, then spoonfuls of blueberry bbq sauce, and finish with a nice pile of cole slaw. Place on top buns and DIG IN!
Wednesday 16th of October 2019
Blown. TF. Away.
Wow, Kelly, these look amazing!! You know these are right up my alley, and I HAVE to make them!
Tuesday 15th of October 2019
Oh my word.....I think my stomach growl just awoke my husband. These are the most delicious looking burgers I have ever seen!!
Tuesday 15th of October 2019
Aww!!! Thank you, Wendy!! :)