What goes better with my Nashville Red Hot Fried Chicken Sandwich, than some fiery Nashville Hot Potatoes Wedges and a Key Lime Ranch Sour Cream Sauce to put out the fire! Truly a perfect match made in heaven! Get your tastebuds ready for one DELICIOUS lunch!
You wanna talk about a perfect match! Man, oh man!! When I went to reheat the leftovers of my Nashville Red Hot Fried Chicken Sandwiches the next day, (fried chicken pieces: 15 minutes in a 350º oven), I knew that I was going to end up with leftover butter-spice sauce.
So, instead of just having a handful of potato chips with them, I decided to put that extra kick butt sauce to good use!
*If you are making just the potatoes as a side dish, do remember to use GOOD butter!! Very important! This is what brand I personally rely on:
So, just warm any leftover sauce, or make a batch just for these, and spoon and spread them on some russet potato wedges.
*If you place them skin side down, cut side up, you don’t have to stir them halfway through. Just bake! Easy-peasy!!
And don’t worry, they aren’t burnt. Not only that, but I was able to smear the extra that ran off with a knife back onto the potatoes for ALL the flavor and heat!
Since it was a drop-dead-gorgeous day, we ate out on the deck. And as soon as I was going to take a pic, our outdoor, semi-feral kitty baby, “Betsy”, decided she wanted to be in the photo, too!!
What a precious little photo-bomber! Mama’s baby girl!!
Knowing that the butter sauce is a bit hot, (and I made a tamer version than what you would expect to get in Nashville), I thought ahead to make a cool and creamy sour cream dip to put the fire out!
I was VERY glad that I did! And besides, I’m a habitual, and rather greedy, dipper! I mean, who doesn’t like to dip, right? Part of the fun of it!!
So I just used some bottled Nellie and Joe’s Key Lime Juice, a touch of dry HV ranch mix, and a heaping spoonful or two of sour cream. Perfect.
Lunch was even better the SECOND day than the first!! Not kidding!
It was the one of the best summer lunches that I’ve had in a long time! My Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich is TO DIE FOR. And the potatoes could not have matched more perfectly!
So, if you’re in need of a wonderfully easy side dish to go with whatever your grilling, frying, or just a munchie for movie night, these Nashville Hot Potato Wedges with Key Lime Ranch Sour Cream will knock you sideways! SO very good, and one that I know you’ll enjoy!!
Have a wonderful week!!
- 4 large russet potatoes, washed, dried, unpeeled, sliced into wedges
Nashville Hot Butter Sauce:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted Minerva Dairy Amish Butter with Sea Salt, can sub lard for authenticity, but we prefer butter
- 1 – 2 Tbl. cayenne pepper, to heat preference, I wimped out and used 1 and that worked perfectly for us
- 1 Tbl. packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. regular black pepper
Key Lime Ranch Sour Cream:
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. dry HV Ranch Dip Mix
- 1/2 tsp. bottled or fresh squeezed key lime juice
- Rinse any dirt off of potatoes, set aside to dry.
- While potatoes are drying, in small bowl add Key Lime Ranch Sour Cream ingredients, stir well, cover, chill.
- In small saucepan, add Nashville Hot Butter Sauce ingredients, heat over medium low/low heat until mostly melted. Remove from heat and stir until completely melted. This will separate, but don't worry about it.
- Slice potatoes into wedges, and place onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Spoon both the spices and butter over the potatoes, smear all sides with the back of a spoon or just use your fingers. Sometimes your hands are your best tools. As each are coated, place onto the baking sheet skin side down.
- Bake in preheated 375º F oven for 25 - 35 minutes on a foil-lined and sprayed baking dish or baking sheet. Remove from oven when golden on the outside and tender on the inside. *Any buttery spices left on the baking sheet can be smeared on them again with a spoon or knife.
- Serve with Key Lime Ranch Sour Cream Sauce for dipping. Goes perfectly with my Nashville Red Hot Fried Chicken Sandwiches!