The perfect, easy, one bowl morning treat! These rich and fluffy Chocolate Chip Espresso Pancakes will have everyone up and at ’em without having to call them twice! Loaded with chocolate chips, a mild espresso flavor, and a hint of cinnamon, what more could the hungry army want?
Weekends are for relaxing and enjoying, and what could be better to spoil your family with than a stack of warm and fluffy pancakes, right?
Pancakes are SO easy to make, that these especially, will become a regular in your weekend rotation of morning treats, as well as breakfast for supper meals!
I sometimes mix the dry ingredients separately, then add them to the wet ingredients, but I’ve found that there’s really no difference in the outcome whatsoever!
So let’s whip these up all in one bowl, shall we?
Just whisk your egg until it’s foamy and frothy, then add your flour. Then just EVENLY sprinkle the rest of your dry ingredients over the flour, then do the same with the wet ingredients. And that’s all there is to it! ONE BOWL!
Stir the ingredients together until it’s a batter but do NOT over mix! Only stir until there are still small lumps remaining.
This is important for your pancakes to be light and fluffy!
Then get out a flat, non-stick griddle, and heat it over medium-low heat. You don’t want it too hot, or the outsides will get done too quickly and the insides will be raw.
Remember, pancakes are literally flat cakes. You want to “bake” them, not fry them.
Don’t be tempted to turn them too soon, either. Wait until the edges look dry, and no more bubbles are rising to the top.
Then just take a peek underneath to make sure that they’re a deep golden brown, and then turn them.
They will come out PERFECT every time!
Just so that I could (try to) get a pretty picture for you, I stacked them all on one small plate!
But of course, only put as many on your plate as you want to eat.
Then add some soft pats of butter, and let the maple syrup pour down!
We love an obnoxious amount of syrup. And I’m not ashamed.
Just look at that gorgeous waterfall of delicious stickiness!!
And, seriously, who doesn’t love to indulge in chocolate for breakfast? It’s the perfect way to start the day!
And don’t forget to use REAL BUTTER for these babies! Why ruin a beautiful batch of pancakes with fake butter?
I only use Minerva Dairy Amish Butter! It’s THE BEST!!
Chocolate is such a glorious thing! Just look at all those chocolate chips!
And with a little taste of espresso and a hint of cinnamon? PURE HEAVEN.
Pour yourself a nice tall glass of cold milk and dive right in!!
These are just one of my favorite pancakes that never cease to bring a smile!
I mean, really. Chocolate chips, espresso, cinnamon, butter, and warm maple syrup? Makes your mouth water doesn’t it?
So this weekend, be sure to whip up a batch of these indulgent Espresso Chocolate Chip Pancakes! They’re super easy and quick to make, and your family will think you’re the greatest mom EVER. Enjoy all, and have a wonderful weekend!
- 1 extra large egg, beaten until foamy
- 1 cup flour, lightly packed
- 1 Tbl. sugar
- 1 Tbl. baking powder
- 2 tsp. instant espresso powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbl. vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Extra Ingredients:
- real butter such as Minerva Dairy Amish Butter
- maple syrup, warmed or room temp
- In medium-sized bowl, add egg and whisk until foamy. Add rest of ingredients evenly sprinkling and drizzling.
- Stir ingredients together until combined but batter still has small lumps. Do not over mix.
- Heat a non-stick griddle over medium/medium-low heat until hot.
- Add batter using a 1/3 measuring cup, and cook pancakes until edges look dry and no more bubble are rising to the surface. *Peek underneath to make sure that they are a deep golden brown, then turn them over. Cook again until golden on other side. Transfer to a plate and cover with a paper towel to keep warm while cooking the rest.
- Serve with real butter and lots of warm maple syrup, and enjoy!