My Triple Double Western-Style Burger will have you drooling before your first bite! This towering masterpiece includes triple cheese of two kinds, three different beer-battered veggies, crispy peppered bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayo, and barbecue sauce all piled onto two angus beef burgers grilled to perfection! Does life get any more delicious?
This was one of our favorite burgers! So big, that my hubby and I had so much fun splitting it! (*And I still couldn’t eat all of my half!) But I gave it one hell’uv an effort!
Tender, juicy, loaded with flavor grilled burgers, and done just the way we personally prefer it with a fair amount of pink inside!
(*You can cook yours however you please, though!)
So, let’s get grilling!!
I started with just two basic, hand-formed burgers made from quality ground angus beef. And I added a nice amount of salt, two kinds of ground pepper, and garlic powder on the outside just before grilling.
Once the burgers are grilled to the doneness that you prefer, top one with white (or yellow) American cheese, and the other one with slices of pepper jack!
*I just use white American, because the only difference between the yellow and white is added food coloring. I also buy the large block of pre-sliced, UNwrapped. (All that extra plastic isn’t a good thing! And the slices seem to be just a little bit thicker.)
When the burgers are almost done, and the cheese is melting, spread the insides of your buns with some real garlic & herb seasoned butter!
Minerva Dairy is the one that I swear by!! REAL butter that’s simply the BEST!!!
Then spread the insides with real mayo….
…and top with crisp, iceberg lettuce leaves, and a slice of that lightly salty and creamy white American cheese! I just use plain ol’ Land o’Lakes, and that does us just fine!
It melts beautifully, and sometimes the old classics just can’t be beat!
Place one of your straight-from-the-grill-hot burgers right on top. The heat will melt the cheese slice underneath. I chose the white American cheese-topped one.
Next comes the crispy peppered bacon…
…and the second burger with melted pepper jack cheese!
Next, we add some crazy-delicious tomatoes fresh-picked from the garden and sliced nice and paper-thin!
And we’re almost there!!
I topped this towering inferno with some spicy beer-battered veggies that I had been keeping warm in the oven!
I fried up some shallot rings, sweet red cubanelle pepper rings, and sliced fresh mushrooms!! Crowd on as many as you like!!
The last to add is a fat drizzle of Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce!! Don’t be shy with it! It’s good stuff, Maynard! 😉
Just LOOK. At. That. Burger!!!!!
You can’t get THAT at your local drive-thru!!!
You can always just make this a “single” burger, but if going for it, you, too, might want to make a monster DOUBLE and share it with a friend or the one you love!!
Because this ain’t no burger for the weak, honey!!
Just grab a knife, cut that baby in half, give it a good smash, and DIVE. IN.
(*Oh. And make sure you grab a few extra napkins! You’re going to need them!)
There’s almost nothing I love more than a great burger, and my oh my, The Triple Double Western BBQ Bacon Cheese Burger had all of the elements that a cowgirl’s dream burger should have!
And my hubby and I had so much fun that day splitting it! There’s just something special about when you share your lunch with the one you love, you know?
I’m sure you’re going to fall in LOVE with this burger just as much as we did! Make yourself a single if you prefer, or just go for it, enjoy it, and if by miracle you can finish the whole thing all by yourself,….you are my hero list!!
Have a wonderful weekend all! Enjoy life to the fullest, as it’s so very short!!
- ⅔ lb. ground beef, divided in half
- regular table salt, regular black pepper and course ground black pepper, LOTS of each!
- 2 slices white American cheese
- 1 thick slice hot pepper-jack cheese (or 3 snack-sized pieces)
- 1 onion roll, split open
- Minerva Dairy Garlic & Herb Butter, softened (as much as you like)
- regular mayo
- 1 - 2 crisp iceberg lettuce leaves
- 2 - 3 tomato slices, (paper thin or thick / however you prefer)
- 1 - 2 large long strips crisp-cooked peppered bacon, torn to fit if needed
- Sweet Baby Ray's Original Barbecue Sauce
- Beer Battered Veggies:
- ½ cup AP flour
- ½ cup beer, any kind
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 large shallot, thickly sliced
- a few slices pepper, (sweet red cubanelle or bell or any color bell pepper, jalapeño, or pepper of your choice)
- fresh mushrooms thickly sliced
- Make Beer Battered Veggies: In small bowl, whisk together batter ingredients, set aside. In medium frying pan, add vegetable oil to fill 1 inch deep. Heat until hot over medium heat. Dip prepped veggies into batter, coat completely, and carefully drop into hot oil. Fry until golden on both sides turning as needed. Place onto a cooling rack placed over a baking sheet, and pop into a LOW oven, (200ºF), to keep warm. Add your pre-cooked bacon slices too, to keep warm.
- Make Burgers: Divide beef into 2 equal portions, shape into burger patties, add salt, pepper & garlic powder to each side. *Go fairly heavily on the salt and both peppers for lots of flavor!
- Get grill hot, place burgers onto hot, lightly oiled grates, and cook to desired doneness on both sides. Top one patty with American cheese, and the other with pepper-jack (or as you please). Close grill lid and let cheese melt. Remove to a plate. Butter insides of roll(s), and place onto grill, buttered side down. Grill until toasted.
- Assemble: Spread bottom bun with mayo mixture, top with a lettuce leaf, one slice american cheese, one burger patty, strips of bacon, second burger patty, tomato slices, fried veggies, and smother with a lot of barbecue sauce! Volcano-it, baby!
- Spread inside of top bun with mayo mixture, place on top and DIG IN!