It just isn’t officially grilling season, until the first brat hits the grill! And these brats were actually the very first things I grilled this season! And to kick it all off, I wanted to start the season with a very special and unusual saucy relish to top them with, and this Green Olive Dog Sauce with Bacon, Horseradish & Mustard did the trick!
A bratful of some of my favorite toppings! Pimiento-stuffed green olives, crispy smoky bacon, and red onion in a creamy horseradish and mustard-flavored sauce! It was the perfect condiment to accompany a juicy, grilled, sausage bratwurst!
Though these flavors are potent, they didn’t overpower the wonderful flavor of the brat at all. Everything went so well together, that now I may never eat another one with just mustard and onions again!
This was seriously good stuff, Maynard!!
So break in your grill this season with a few hotdogs, brats or burgers, and be sure to make some of this Green Olive Dog Sauce with Bacon, Horseradish & Mustard to go on top! You’ll be amazed at how delicious it is!! Enjoy!!
- 1 Tbl. heavy mayo such as Hellmann's or Dukes
- ½ Tbl. sour cream
- ½ Tbl. + 1 tsp. spicy brown mustard
- 2 tsp. extra hot jarred horseradish
- 1 Tbl. green olives with pimientos
- 1 Tbl. red onions
- 1 Tbl. real bacon bits (*not imitation)
- 1/18 tsp. garlic powder
- In large bowl, stir together mayo, sour cream, mustard and horseradish until mixed and creamy.
- Add rest of ingredients and stir until evenly mixed and coated.
- Chill until needed.
- Serve over hotdogs or brats, and garnish with more olives, onion and bacon if desired. Enjoy!!