Here comes a shocker…I hate eggs. Yep. When I was a little girl, my mom made me eat some scrambled eggs. My dad told her to stop and said I was looking pale, she insisted that eat them, …then…they all came right back up…all over my plate. That was the last time she made me eat eggs. I’m not allergic to them, and I can eat them baked in things. But to just eat them… nope, can’t do it. So I’ve never been very good at cooking them. Truth be told, I hate cooking them. But the hubs, like most people, LOVES them. So this is a friendly, easy, and perfect every time way for me to cook eggs without them making me gag. Whether you hate them or love them, this Cheesy Bacon Frittata with Roasted Tomatoes & Peppers will definitely help you out as much as it has for me! And my hubby, too!! 😉
Frittatas could not be easier and quicker to make, and are always make for such a gorgeous presentation! You just whisk your eggs, whisk in your milk and seasonings, then stir in the goodies, whatever you happen to be in the mood for! Lastly, just pour the mixture into a shallow, greased pan and pop it into the oven to bake! And…tah-daaah! Beautiful!
There’s no flipping, turning, basting, boiling, peeling, scrambling, or swearing! It basically just makes itself. And you can add bits of “this and that” according to what you have on hand and need to use up!
There’s no fretting and last minute “crunch time” (when everything needs to be finished at once), either. While it bakes, you can set the table and drop some toast in the toaster. Fill a few glasses with milk or some juice, and you’re done. Since these are already loaded with meats, veggies and cheeses, and are also quite filling, you don’t need much else with it. If serving to company, bake in ramekins and serve with some fresh melon or other fruits, and maybe some homemade biscuits or scones, and you’ll look like a rock star!
Frittatas are also wonderful for supper, too! Who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner, right?
So don’t fret over trying to make a nice breakfast, brunch or supper. Keep life simple. We have enough complications and things to worry about right now than fussy breakfast foods! Take it easy and enjoy!
- 4 extra large eggs
- 3 Tbl. whole milk, half & half, or heavy cream
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. cajun seasoning such as Slap Ya Mama
- ½ cup shredded cheese such as cheddar or Mexican blend, divided
- 1 crisp-cooked strip bacon, crumbled
- 2 Tbl. chopped roasted grape or plum tomatoes
- 2 Tbl. chopped roasted sweet red peppers or jarred pimientos (drained)
- 1 snipped green onion or 1 Tbl. finely chopped regular onion.
- Garnish with (more) snipped green onion, crumbled bacon (1 more strip), finely chopped fresh parsley, and paprika if desired
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs well. Whisk in milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cajun seasoning. Stir in rest of ingredients using half of the cheese (1/4 cup), and except the garnishes too, of course.
- Pour into (sprayed) small baking dish, oven-proof small pan, or 2 - 4 ramekins.
- Bake for 20 minutes until looking set. Top with rest of cheese and bake until done and cheese melts, about 10 minutes longer depending on size of pan/dish and thickness of frittata. (*Check center with a knife to peek). *My pan measures from top rim to rim 12" x 8". (The bottom of the pan is smaller). So use something similar for the times mentioned. (An 8 x 8 pan should work just fine.)
- Garnish with snipped green onions, bacon, parsley, and a light dusting of paprika if desired. Serve hot. Enjoy!