It was such a warm, sunny and beautiful day, that I just wanted something fun to munch on for lunch out on the deck al fresco! A plain ol’ chicken salad sandwich just wasn’t going to cut it. So I whipped up this easy favorite Bacon Ranch Chicken Cheese Ball, and even the hubs absolutely loved it! I was pleasantly surprised, because “ranch” anything isn’t his thing.
This cheese ball has made it’s rounds over time to countless backyard barbecues, concerts in the park, picnics, and summer parties and showers, that’s for sure! And I always come home with an empty plate and requests for the recipe!
So I think that you, too, will really enjoy this and find it quite handy over the busy summer!
I almost didn’t share it, because it’s so silly simple, but darn it, it’s also very good!!! So, as stupid-easy as it is, here we go!
It’s simply cream cheese, a little mayo, dry Ranch mix, chicken, bacon, pecans, green onions, and then coated with parsley and dusted with paprika. Yep. That’s it!
It doesn’t get any easier than that! And boy is it ever addicting! I just usually serve this with Ritz and “Chicken In A Biskit” crackers, but you can also add toasted bread squares (toast and slice into fourths), or toasted or grilled baguette slices, too.
I made it this time with canned chunk white chicken, but it’s also delicious with tuna or salmon, too! So you can change it up however you’d like.
With so many events coming up this summer, I hope that this recipe helps and that you all enjoy! This is more of an appetizer, but sometimes, when you just don’t feel like eating much for lunch, and want something fun, treat yourself to a munchie al fresco! I won’t tell if you won’t! 😉
- 2 (8 oz.) blocks cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1 (1 oz.) packet Ranch dip mix
- 1 (12.5 oz.) can chunk white premium chicken, drained well
- 2 Tbl. real bacon bits such as Hormel, do not sub imitation, (or finely chopped crisp-cooked LEAN bacon)
- 2 Tbl. finely chopped pecans
- 2 Tbl. finely snipped green onion, about 2 small
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley, chop when almost ready to serve
- light dusting of paprika to garnish
- Add cream cheese to a large mixing bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds on 50% or until softened and easy to stir. Stir in Ranch mix well. (Can also do this in a mixer or with a hand-held electric beater).
- Drain chicken well, stir in, breaking up chicken into small pieces.
- Fold in rest of ingredients except parsley.
- Form into a ball and cover with plastic wrap, touching mixture. Chill until firm.
- Form into a prettier ball, place onto serving dish, coat with chopped parsley patting on to completely cover exposed cheese, chill until serving.
- Serve chilled, (lightly dusted with paprika), with assorted crackers, or toasted breads or baguette slices.