I swear, my hubby is a large kid at heart! And he’d happily eat chicken tenders at least once a week if I’d let him!
I just like to indulge him to see him smile, plus they’re so much fun and easy to make! But I don’t do it very often. I’ll have to fix that. 😉 Because these spicy Sriracha Ranch Chicken Tenders were the bomb! I actually said, “Chicka-Boom!”, when I tried my first taste! Not your joe-average chicken tenders, or “fingers” if you prefer to say!
The combination of the Ranch and sriracha really gave the tender chicken pieces a blast of flavor! And it was a great way to use up that found bottle of Ranch Salad Dressing in the back of the pantry! I stopped buying it quite a long time ago, but we had a bottle that was hiding. So, I didn’t want it to go to waste! And I was so happy to be putting it to good use. 😉
This really came together easily, and much quicker than I thought they would, too! They only take 4-5 minutes per side, so you can have them all fried in no time! I did mine in three batches, and it took just less than a half an hour!
Save to your Pinterest board!
And I didn’t stop there, either.
I’m a selfish dipper. Yep. An admitted dip hoarder!
So I whipped up a really spicy dipping sauce for these that rocked!! It was a bit too spicy for the hubs, (he doesn’t care much for anything too spicy-hot), but I absolutely LOVED it!
So if you’re like me, you’ll love it, too! If your taste buds prefer a milder heat, back down on the cajun seasoning and sriracha a bit. You can always add more Ranch, and mayo or sour cream, too. Just play with it until it’s just right for you.
Though these do have a bit of a nice spice and heat to them, they’re not fire-breathing dragon hot by any means. Or the hubs wouldn’t have been able to eat them at all. So I think it’s safe to say that kids can easily handle them, too. No spicier than tacos, really.
So if you’re looking for a fun meal that everyone will enjoy, that’s a lot tastier than any fast food drive-thru, please just stay home and make some homemade! They’re so much better, and still much healthier even though they’re fried. You control the ingredients and know exactly what’s in them! Just plain old-fashioned goodness!
I hope you enjoy as much as we did!
Have a great day! 😀
- 2 extra-large chicken breasts, butterfly and cut into 12 strips (4 per half)
- ⅓ cup Ranch Salad Dressing (in the bottle)
- ⅛ cup sriracha sauce
- 1 cup italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 2 Tbl. parmesan cheese (green can kind)
- Spicy Hot Dipping Sauce:
- ⅓ cup Ranch Salad Dressing
- ⅛ cup sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbl. Miracle Whip, (can also use heavy mayo or thick Greek yogurt)
- ¼ tsp. "Slap Ya Mama" cajun seasoning
- For Pan:
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbl. butter
- In a small bowl, whisk dipping sauce ingredients until mixed, cover, and chill until serving time.
- Butterfly chicken breasts and cut into strips. I cut each portion into 4 pieces totaling 12. Place into large bowl. Add Ranch and sriracha and toss to mix and coat well. Pop into fridge.
- In shallow dish or pie plate, mix breading ingredients until well combined.
- Dredge chicken pieces into breadcrumb mixture, patting on mix to well coat. Place on baking sheet and let rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- In large frying pan, heat oil and butter until hot. Reduce heat to medium-low for even browning and cooking.
- Add chicken pieces, a few at a time, and fry until golden brown on both sides, about 4-5 minutes per side. Place onto rack over baking sheet to rest.
- Let tenders cool down so that you don't burn yourself and the breading has a chance to set and firm up.
- Serve warm with Spicy Hot Dipping Sauce and one of my oven-roasted potato wedges recipes!