OH. MY. GAWD were these Super Fudgy Coconut Almond Cookies to-die-for good!! These newbies joined my ever-growing collection of “pudding cookies“, and they may just be THE best ones yet! Yea. I think that they flew up the charts to the no. 1 slot!! No doubt about it!
You wanna talk about a TRULY super fudgy cookie? THESE babies are IT.
Not over-embelished with tons of unneeded junk to mask their intense chocolate flavor. Elegance in simplicity at it’s best!
Just whip up the quick dough, shape them into large, walnut-sized balls, flatten them a little with your palm, and sprinkle with kosher salt and finely chopped almonds!
They bake up ever so delicately crispy on the outside, and super moist, tender and loaded with chocolate on the inside, they’re almost like a brownie in a cookie!! The fudginess level is insane!
And the flavor train doesn’t stop there!! Coconut and almond, with a splash of Amaretto Liqueur, lends a hand to take these babies right over the top!!
The finishing touch of very finely chopped almonds was the tiara on top!
Adding instant pudding mix is a trick that works the same way that adding it to cakes does. It makes the cookies richer, softer inside, and incredibly more decadent! With that as a start, it can’t go wrong! And it skyrocketed in flavor after that! A hefty helping of cocoa powder, espresso, almond liqueur, coconut and fine almonds all came together to make the chocolate gods sing!!!
So welcome the first day of August with these incredibly rich and wonderful Super Fudgy Coconut Almond Cookies! You’ll thank me later!
- Dry Ingredients for Medium Bowl:
- 2¼ cups flour
- 3 Tbl. unsweetened baking cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. instant espresso powder such as Medaglia D'Oro
- Wet Ingredients for Mixer Bowl:
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- ¾ cup regular white sugar
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1/16 tsp. salt
- 1 (3.69 oz.) box instant dark chocolate pudding mix with coconut (I used Mounds)
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 2 Tbl. Amaretto Liqueur
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ⅓ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- ¼ cup very finely chopped almonds
- Rest of Ingredients:
- kosher salt, just a few pinches to sprinkle on tops, plus any leftover chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350º F (175º C).
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and espresso powder, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugars and salt. Beat in instant pudding mix just until blended. Mix in the eggs, Amaretto, and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Mix in the coconut and almonds.
- Drop cookies by large rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets or roll them into large balls. (*The size of a large walnut.) Lightly press cookies flatter with palm of hand.
- Lightly sprinkle tops with sea salt (and any extra finely chopped almonds if you'd like).
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven. Edges should be lightly browned. Don't over bake.
- Remove from baking sheet carefully to a rack to cool.
- *They will look like they aren't done, but they will set up as they cool.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter.