I have had so much fun these last three days, cooking with my new KitchenAid Multi Cooker and making this Easy 6 Ingredient Slow Cooker Roast Chicken! We got three tasty meals out of this huge bird, including dinner the first night, a fantastic retro-style Roast Chicken Club Sandwich with Bacon & Honey Mustard Sauce the second day, and now today, these Creamy Slow Roasted Chicken Salad Sandwiches for Two!
I was very fortunate to win a recent contest on Facebook put on by Minerva Dairy, and not only did I win this Multi Cooker, but also a year’s supply of Minerva’s heavenly butter!
If you know the pains of of baking something that you’ve been making for years, perhaps a family recipe that suddenly doesn’t want to turn out, there’s a good chance it’s the store-bought butter that’s the culprit.
That’s what happened to me anyways! So about 10 years ago, we discovered Minerva Dairy online, and have been only using their butter ever since! I highly recommend it! It truly is the best, and they have a lot of wonderful new flavors now, as well as cheeses, too. So I hope that you find this post very helpful!
Day one, I made this GORGEOUS chicken in the cooker using just 6 simple ingredients (including the chicken and a little paprika and pepper on top plus several that are unexpected!), and it was absolutely wonderful!
The next day, after having dinner the night before, we decided to just have sandwiches with part of the leftovers. And this retro-style club has never tasted better!
So the third day, though our chicken was still incredibly moist, I decided to make my easy go-to chicken salad! Which is what I usually make to use up any last pieces, and those bits at the bottom of the bowl. It’s simple, no-fuss, and my go-to chicken salad that I love to make all summer long!
Tarragon is the secret to this tasty chicken salad, and an herb that is too often overlooked! If you don’t have any, I suggest you pick some up next time you’re at the store to add to your collection to try out! Not only is it fantastic in chicken salad (*here’s one of my fancier versions), but it’s also delicious on fish, and in soups, stews, and sauces, too!
So instead of picking up one of those pricy, dinky, one-meal rotisserie chickens at the grocery store that are already half-dried out after sitting for hours, whip up this EASY, moist and delicious right at home! You’ll have so many uses for it, and save the leftovers for this Easy Creamy Chicken Salad! You, too, will want to keep all of these recipes handy to make throughout the summer! Hope you enjoy!!
- 2 cups cooked chicken, torn into small pieces
- ½ cup regular heavy mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. sour cream
- ½ tsp. dried tarragon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. regular ground pepper
- ½ small rib celery, very thinly sliced
- 2 Tbl. chopped fresh celery leaves
- ½ tsp. milk (if needed to thin just a bit)
- 4 slices of bread, lightly toasted
- more mayo if you'd like
- crisp iceberg lettuce leaves
- Into a medium bowl, tear up chicken into small pieces.
- Add rest of ingredients (except bread and lettuce leaves), and stir until very well mixed.
- Toast bread and spread one side of each with more mayo. Top bottom slices with lettuce leaves, top with chicken salad. Place rest of toasted bread on top and slice corner-to-corner.
- *Crisp bacon, and swiss or co-jack cheese slices also go very well on these!