Tired of potato wedges? Yeah, me neither! Especially when you kick them up a notch and make them spicy-hot with Rooster Sriracha Sauce!
My hubby, his whole life, has been a sworn hot sauce hater. He really doesn’t care for anything hot, actually. Aaaaand, of course, I’m the opposite. I LOVE the hot stuff. Any kind, on almost any thing! So I always had to add some heat separately, or on the side, for myself.
But not anymore! Quite awhile back, I had him pick up a bottle of sriracha sauce from the store, and I’m so glad that I did! This is the ONE hot sauce, that he will eat, and WOW does he ever love it!! This changed everything! Life got easier, and dishes got livelier!
Seriously, if you, too, love it, or still haven’t tried it yet, now is the time! You are really going to dig these potatoes! Lightly crunchy on the outside, tender and creamy on the inside, with a nice little kick of heat!
A fantastic way to liven up burger night, spice up a simple pork chop or fried chicken dinner, add an extra kick to Mexican Night, and a killer good side dish or munchie for Sunday football games or movie night!
Since they are quite spicy, I decided to add a dip for them, too! You can make this cool or hot, so start with a small amount of sriracha sauce and stir into the sour cream as much as you like adding to suit your own taste. We preferred it to be hot, too, and our tongues were doing the happy dance! To AC/DC!!!
These are some seriously delicious potato wedges, and come together quickly and easily! Since they bake for 35-40 minutes, you have plenty of time to get the rest of your ducks all in a row! And the best part, you don’t even have to stir them! Just place them pointy, cut side-up onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and toss them into the oven. Using the parchment paper also means super easy clean up, too. Gotta LOVE that. (You could also use foil, or just go naked. The baking sheet with nothing on it, not the cook! ) But who wants to scrub the baked-on crud off of baking sheets?
These mighty little spudlets will really add a lot of fun to any meal or party, and I can’t wait for you to try them! You can even add your own extra touches to them, as I may in the future, but this was a test to see how the sauce would do and if it would burn or not. And they were truly scrumptious just as they were!
Simple? Yes. Easy? Yes. Delicious? Ooooohhhh, yes!
So I hope you enjoy, keep these in mind for your next meal, take care, and I’ll see you tomorrow! ~Kelly
- 4 -5 (depending on size) red potatoes, unpeeled, cut each into 6 wedges
- 1 Tbl. EVOO
- 1 Tbl. Sriracha hot sauce, I use Rooster brand
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- For Sauce:
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup sriracha sauce, (less for milder, more for *extra hot*)
- ⅛ tsp. garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse and pat dry potatoes. Slice in half lengthwise, then slice each half into thirds (lengthwise) making wedges.
- Place into a medium-sized bowl. Drizzle with EVOO and Sriracha sauce. Evenly sprinkle on garlic salt and pepper.
- Toss until all are nicely coated.
- Place onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Stand them all up so that the pointed cut-side is facing up and the skin side is facing down. Pop into preheated 375 degree oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and tender.
- Serve hot with sour cream dipping sauce if desired.