I don’t know about you, but heat and humidity can make me a little edgy sometimes! Combine that with cleaning the house, doing load after load of of laundry, and constantly picking stuff up and putting it back where it belongs all the while sweating into, literally, a hot mess, makes me just want to find a cool spot, sit down, and relax! Like a cool bath. With bubbles. And a cocktail.
Not complaining, I’d rather have it hot than dark, dreary and 4 feet of snow and ice! So when it does get steamy out, I sometimes like to just fix myself something a little special.
And this creamy, rich, and soothing cocktail is one I love! Icy cold, lightly frothy, and oohhhh so good going down! You instantly sigh, a yummy sound will sneak out uncontrollably, your eyes will close, and the day’s troubles will slowly melt away.
One of my best friends in the summertime is my blender! Whether it’s making me a healthy smoothie, or a delicious cocktail, you know that whatever pours out of it is going to be good! Just the sound of the blender running has people instantly flocking to the kitchen!
This is a wonderful cocktail to serve company, too, not only because of the easy but beautiful design on top, but because the flavor is just plain outstanding! A hint of chocolate, a touch of almond, and a light coffee flavor all blend together to make one dreamy, creamy, rich, smooth cocktail! Double this recipe, and you have enough for four people!
So don’t wait for company, or a special event, or the day to be scorching hot to enjoy this mocha almond-coffee cocktail. Toss everything in the blender and make yourself a special treat this evening!
I hope this recipe makes your evening or upcoming weekend extra special! You, and your guests, will really enjoy this one, and they’re so much fun to make! Take care all, and I’ll see you next week!
- ⅔ cup half and half
- ⅓ cup Baileys Irish Cream
- ⅓ cup Amaretto Liqueur
- 2 Tbl. Kahlua Coffee Liqueur
- 1 Tbl. Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur
- 1 cup ice
- 2 Tbl. Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
- 1 toothpick
- Into blender, add everything but the chocolate syrup (and toothpick). Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses.
- Add chocolate syrup to a small plastic baggie, snip off a tiny amount of one corner. Drizzle chocolate syrup over each glass making a zigzag pattern going back and forth.
- With a toothpick, make a design in another zigzag pattern by dragging through the chocolate syrup, horizontally.
- Serve immediately.
- You can also swirl the chocolate with the toothpick making a marbled pattern if desired.